This is such a great soup for a winter’s cold day! I would imagine one can substitute the Farro with Barley, so I will be trying that on another day. This recipe makes a lot of servings, so be prepared to serve many, or have leftovers and save yourself a cooking day. It is thick and filling, and also warms you up!
- 1 pkg (17 oz) Farro
- 1 jar (12 to 14 oz) marinated artichoke hearts (drained)
- zest and juice from one lemon (approximately 2 to 3 Tbsp juice)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Add all the above ingredients into a 10 qt pressure cooker.
- Close and lock lid, bring to high pressure and set to 35 minutes cooking time
- Do not release pressure and let set for approximately 20 minutes or until pressure releases naturally.
- Open lid and stir, let set for a few minutes and serve.